Xplnrs.com – Privacy & Terms
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us here at Xplnrs. We collect your minimum data of yours to provide better user experiences.
Personal information is not essential to submit for browsing Xplnrs.com. Moreover, we discourage sharing any personal data when interacting with our site in any sections of Xplnrs.
Personal Data that is processed when you create an Xplnrs account:
While creating an account with Xplnrs.com, you need to provide your email address, nickname, and a chosen password by you.
(1) Xplnrs processes your email address and your chosen password when you sign in to your Xplnrs account. The legal ground for Xplnrs to process and retain your email address and password is to ensure the security of your Xplnrs account and the authenticity of your identity when you log in.
We do not send promotional emails. However, upon your preference, you might get service-related emails. You may opt-out from the service or preferences. You have the right to delete your account as well.
(2) Xplnrs processes your nickname because when you post comments and opinions, we need to identify who is interacting with us. Your nickname will be removed from ALL your previous posts when you delete your Xplnrs account rendering them anonymous. Your comments, including your nickname, may still be searchable in search engines due to the nature of caching and may be visible for a period following the right to erasure.
Personal Data that is processed when you modify your Xplnrs account:
(1) Xplnrs provided Gravatar email address when you post comments and opinions. The legal ground for Xplnrs to process and retain your Gravatar email address is to provide you the facility to personalize your posts when engaging with other Xplnrs users. Your avatar will be removed from ALL your previous posts when you delete your Xplnrs account rendering them anonymous.
Additional Personal Data that is processed when you post Comments or Opinions:
(1) Xplnrs processes your IP address when you post comments and opinions. The legal ground for Xplnrs to process and retain your IP address is to provide moderated comments and opinions forums devoid of abusive or “spam”-like behavior.
Personal Data that is processed when you communicate with our support representatives:
(1) Xplnrs processes your email address when interacting with our support team. The legal ground for Xplnrs to process and retain your email address is to provide a seamless and high-quality support experience.
Automatically collected information
When you visit Xplnrs.com, we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs” or “web beacons”. This “automatically collected” information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after visiting Xplnrs.com, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on Xplnrs.com, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of Xplnrs.com.
We use this information to improve your experience with Xplnrs.com. Furthermore, we use this information to promote safety and security, by monitoring suspicious activity or violations of our terms and policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our services.
If you would like to learn more about what options you have about limiting the gathering of information by third-party ad networks, you can consult the website of the Network Advertising Initiative.
Cookies and similar technologies
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device’s settings. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit Xplnrs.com, and some services and features may not work.
(1) Google: Google Analytics helps us analyze how visitors use Xplnrs.com. Information collected via Google Analytics has aggregated anonymously and contains no personal data. To learn more about Google Analytics Privacy and how to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics, you can log in to your Google account and do research.
(1) Posts made within the Comments & Opinions sections are public including your Xplnrs nickname and your avatar. When another Xplnrs user selects your nickname within Comments and Opinions, they can also view your Favorite topics and your recent posts. Your nickname and avatar will be removed from ALL your previous posts when you delete your Xplnrs account rendering them anonymous. Additionally, your list of Favorite topics will also be deleted.
Submission of personal information is not required to browse Xplnrs.com anonymously as mentioned before.
To create an account with Xplnrs, individuals must be 18 years of age or older. If we discover that we have collected the personal data from a child under the age of 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Xplnrs.com stores all website data more or less, but all personal information and backups are encrypted.
Xplnrs.com follows accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Xplnrs.com maintains appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through the public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Xplnrs.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. Xplnrs.com also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
If Xplnrs.com learns of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable laws.
Retention of Personal Data
During the creation of an Xplnrs account, your email address, nickname, and password will only be retained if you respond within 1 hour to the confirmation email sent to the email address provided during registration. If no response is received after 1 hour, your email address, nickname, and password will be permanently deleted from our systems.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we consider your Xplnrs account to be active. Also, see below under “Your Rights” for a description of your right of erasure.
In the case of our web server logs, any personal information will be deleted after 24 hours.
Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information
If you’ve created an account with Xplnrs you can access and modify your personal information and preferences by visiting your user account.
Transfers of Personal Data
We are not interested in selling our users’ private personal data.
We only share information about you in the limited circumstances detailed below with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
(1) As required by law: We may have to disclose information about you in response to a court order or other governmental requests.
You have the right to:
* Access, correct or delete your personal information that we have collected
* Receive your personal information in a structured and standard machine-readable format
* Object to, and restrict, the further processing of your personal information
* Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
To gain access to, correct, restrict, suspend processing, or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your Xplnrs user account, visit your user account.
You can contact us for your query by sending an email at [email protected].
When significant changes are undertaken, or if we are required by law, we will provide notice of the changes on Xplnrs.com.
Do Not Track
Some browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Instead, we adhere to the standards described in our Privacy Statement and the Cookie Statement.